Seven new infant, primary and secondary schools and three school institutes have been created
The school map is being adjusted with a view to the 2018-2019 school year with the creation of seven new schools: one infant/primary school in Barcelona and six secondary schools in L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Santa Coloma de Gramenet, Barcelona, Mollerussa, Sabadell and Terrassa. Three school institutes are also being created, one in L'Hospitalet de Llobregat and two in Mataró.
- Reduction of the time families have to wait between their application and the confirmation of the school where their child has been allocated a place.
- Families who are not assigned a place at one of their first choices on the pre-enrolment form can choose from an extended list of schools based on where there are vacancies.
- Consolidation of measures to identify fraud by checking of documents by specialist personnel.
- Schools will provide information on the availability of special menus for children with chronic digestive, endocrine or metabolic disorders.
The initial offer of places continues to expand:
- P3: 78,080 (869 places more than last year)
- 1st year of ESO: 85,860 (2,358 more than last year)
Pre-enrolment for school places starts on 13 April and ends on 24 April.
Enrolment takes place according to age range:
- Infants, primary and first year of ESO: 21 – 27 June
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th year of ESO: 25 – 29 June
The September enrolment period is 5-7 September.
Applications can be submitted between 13 and 24 April