Includes the actual revenue and expenditure incurred as of December 31 of each year
The Open Budget tool has been launched. It offers a space for viewing data that allows the general public to access all the information available on the Generalitat's budgets for the last six closed fiscal years, i.e., 2012 to 2017. It collects data from the administrative public sector, which includes the Generalitat, CatSalut and autonomous administrative entities, as well as the Catalan Institute for Health (ICS).
The Open Budget tool shows the same amount of details regarding expenditure as that which can be found in public accounts, allowing questions such as those below to be answered: “How much money is allocated every year to law enforcement uniforms?”, “How much does the Catalan Institute for Health (ICS) spend on primary care?” or “How much does the Department of Education transfer to local conservatories and music schools annually?”
One of the tool's newest features is that it shows more than just budget data from one year to the next; it also provides cleared data, i.e., the actual revenue and expenditure incurred as of December 31 for the year shown.
This information is displayed using eight sections:
- Distribution: budget overview.
- Evolution: 2012-2017 historical view of the initial budgets and the amount executed.
- Execution: year-by-year view of the initial budgets and the amount executed.
- Analysis by entity: specific budget of CatSalut, the ICS, and the Generalitat's autonomous administrative entities.
- Analysis by policy: details of the 35 expenditure policies.
- Fiscal results: data on meeting deficit, debt, and expenditure rule targets in accordance with European System of Accounts (ESA) regulations.
- Structures: explains account classification codes.
- Glossary: provides definitions for around 100 concepts.
Open Budget will be updated regularly as budgets are approved and cleared, or once definitive data on meeting fiscal targets is available.