It affects all workers in every company in the buildings and commercial premises cleaning sector in Catalonia.
A Minimum Service Order has been issued in relation to the strike declared by the CCOO and UGT trade unions to companies that provide cleaning services for buildings and commercial premises in Catalonia. The strike is planned for the following times:
- From 6:00 on 14 May to 6:00 on 16 May 2018.
These minimum services are intended to provide essential services for the general public while respecting the legitimate right to strike. Some of the authorised services are:
- High-risk areas: 100% of normal service. (emergency services, surgical departments, intensive care units, dialysis units, labour and maternity units, etc.).
- Medium-risk areas: 50% of normal service. (paediatric hospital wards, pharmacy, etc.).
- Low-risk areas: 25% of the service (hospital wards, day hospital and outpatient clinics).
Healthcare centres, residential homes for the elderly, supervised flats, day centres and senior citizens’ clubs: as on public holidays; in all cases, the collection of organic material that might decompose, broken glass, potentially hazardous objects and the cleaning of liquid spillages will be covered.
Infant and primary schools and nurseries: 50% of the usual service for cleaning kitchens, dining rooms, bathrooms and toilets; and in all cases for the collection of organic material that might decompose, broken glass, potentially hazardous objects and the cleaning of liquid spillages will be covered.
Police stations and fire stations
- Sanitary facilities, dining rooms and kitchens: 50% of normal service.
- Custody and detention areas: these must be cleaned every time they are used.
- Other services: 25% of normal service.
City of Justice: 100% of the usual cleaning service in autopsy rooms, laboratories, medical check-up rooms and forensic rooms, and in areas where prisoners, arrestees and minors are remanded in custody.
- 50% of the usual cleaning service in the duty court and in sanitary facilities.
- Other services: 25% of the cleaning service.
Collection of organic material likely to decompose.
Other administrative offices
In all cases, any organic material likely to decompose will be removed along with solid and liquid waste, if applicable.
Strike action has been called for 14-16 May 2018