The SNCF train strike will affect trains to and from France
Workers of the French railway service operator, SNCF, have been called out on strike this May, which will affect the AVE and AVANT services to and from France and two lines of Rodalies de Catalunya.
The strike days in France are: 3, 4, 8, 9, 13, 14, 18, 19, 23, 24, 28 and 29 May 2018. The following disruptions are anticipated in the coming days:
- The Barcelona - Paris and Paris - Barcelona trains will run as normal.
- Other trains on the entire international route are cancelled.
- The Toulouse - Barcelona train will be cancelled between Toulouse and Perpignan, and will run between Perpignan and Barcelona.
- The Marseille - Madrid train will be cancelled on the entire international route.
Services on lines R3 and R11 of the Rodalies de Catalunya railway network can only be guaranteed as far as Puigcerdà and Portbou on the strike days.
For journeys between 3 and 31 May, travellers have the following alternatives:
- Change the date of the journey: Free of charge if the booking is made before 31 May.
- Cancel the journey and reimbursement of the ticket price: this can be requested up to three months after the date of the journey.
- Travel on another train: a rearrangement service is available for international clients, as no alternative measures have been planned. Please ask at customer service points in the railway stations.
Tickets can be refunded or the date changed