Official calendar of bank holidays for 2017
In 2017, there are 13 bank holidays in Catalonia. Town councils can add a further two holidays to that number.
The following days are bank holidays in Catalonia in 2017:
- 6 January (Epiphany).
- 14 April (Good Friday).
- 17 April (Easter Monday).
- 1 May (International Workers’ Day).
- 24 June (Saint John’s Day).
- 15 August (The Assumption).
- 11 September (Catalan National Day).
- 12 October (Spanish National Holiday).
- 1 November (All Saints’ Day).
- 6 December (Constitution Day).
- 8 December (The Immaculate Conception).
- 25 December (Christmas)
- 26 December (Boxing Day).
Of the thirteen holidays mentioned, one can be chosen among the following, 6 January (Epiphany), 17 April (Easter Monday), 24 June (Saint John’s Day) and 26 December (Boxing Day), the working hours of which will have to be done using alternative ways. The other twelve are paid, and there is no need to compensate the work.
In the Aran Territory, as established in Decree 152/1997, of 25 June, and Decree 146/1998, of 23 June, which amend Decree 177/1980, of 3 October, regarding the calendar of established and variable holidays in that territory, the holiday on 26 December (Boxing Day) has been substituted by 17 June (Local Aran Holiday).