The Government of Catalonia authorises the reuse of content and data worldwide, with no time limit or restriction, in the terms established by Creative Commons CC0, in accordance with Article 17.1 of Law 19/2014 of 29 December on Transparency, Access to Public Information and Good Governance, and beyond the basic terms established in Article 8 of Law 37/2007 on the Reuse of Public Sector Information (ensuring that the source is cited, the information is not altered or distorted and that the date of the latest update is given), and provided that it is not contradictory to the licence or notice that a work may have and which prevails.
The Generalitat de Catalunya is also committed to building responsive websites that are usable and accessible, thus ensuring access for anyone viewing them regardless of their physical, sensory or intellectual abilities, and no matter what device they use to visit them.
Modes of reuse of information at gencat.cat
Pursuant to Article 17.1 of Law 19/2014 of 29 December on Transparency, Access to Public Information and Good Governance, the reuse of public information is free and is not subject to any restrictions except in cases in which, according to regulations, it is subject to obtaining a Creative Commons recognition license for the protection of other rights or legal assets, or at the request of the interested party.
The Law 37/2007, of 16th November, on the re-use of public sector information, which transposes the Directive 2003/98/CE of the European Parliament and Council, and is amended by Law 18/2015, of 9 July (which in turn incorporates Directive 2013/37/EU), regulates the re-use of public information in the possession of administrations and bodies in which they have a majority share, that is to say, the right of all potential market agents to the re-use of information from public documents. In accordance with this rule, the Government of Catalonia permits the reproduction, distribution and public communication of the work and, furthermore, the transformation of the work in order to make derived works, for everyone and without time limits, in the terms established by the Creative Commons CC0 Legal Instrument, and provided that it does not contradict any license or notice that a work may hold.
In order to re-use the information, the following conditions must be followed:
- Not distort the meaning of the information.
- Always quote the source of the information.
- State the date of the latest update of the information.
The source shall always be cited: Government of Catalonia. Ministry of [name of ministry]. [autonomous body, public company] except in cases in which there is a specific licence, in which the authorship and ownership of exploitation rights shall be acknowledged.
Check the contact of the departments or ministries and their autonomous bodies.
Law 18/2015, of 9 July, on the re-use of public sector information
[0 Bytes ]
modifies Law 37/2007, of 16 November
of the European Parliament and Council
of the European Parliament and Council
CC0 of Creative Commons
Departments or ministries of the Government of Catalonia and autonomous bodies
Other forms of reuse
Similarly, re-use can be limited by the protection of other priority legal rights, such as the protection of personal data (object of another legal notice), privacy or third party intellectual property rights. The re-use of work protected by intellectual property rights can be carried out by means of the use of open content licences, such as those ofCreative Commons, which give certain exploitation rights of work. In content where this type of licence is applied, re-use in the established conditions is permitted.
In no case is the use of logos, brands, coats of arms and distinctive symbols of the Generalitat of Catalonia authorised in publications and websites which do not have the involvement or are not sponsored by this institution. These elements of corporate identity are the exclusive property of the Generalitat of Catalonia and are protected by the applicable legislation in force.
Privacy: personal data protection policy of the gencat website
The Government of Catalonia guarantees the confidentiality of the personal data provided through the pages of this website in accordance with the terms established by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the Parliament and the Council, of 27 April 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of their personal data and the free circulation of these data, having implemented the necessary security measures appropriate to the risks associated with their processing. The data required will be those that are strictly necessary, appropriate and relevant for the purpose for which they are collected and will be subject to automated data processing.
On each page that contains forms for collecting personal data, users will be expressly informed of:
- the existence of a system of personal data processing;
- the identity and contact details of the data controller;
- the contact details of the data protection representative;
- the purpose for which the processed personal data will be used, and the legal basis of their processing;
- the categories of the recipients of the personal data;
- the length of time that the personal data will be stored;
- the existence of the right of the data subject to ask the data controller for access to their personal data, for their rectification, erasure or restriction, and/or objection to their use;
- the right to submit a claim to the competent authority if the communication of personal data is a legal or contractual requirement;
- the existence of automated decisions, including the development of profiles.
In the event that any form for collecting personal data does not specify these rights and how to exercise them, you should notify:
The Directorate General for Public Services at Via Laietana, 14, 3r, 08003 Barcelona.
This body will report the incident to the department responsible for the page in question so that it can amend it and respond to your request.
Likewise, if you wish to exercise your right of access, rectification, erasure, objection and restriction of the processing of any of your personal data (including images or voice recordings) that may appear on an informative website of the portals of the Government of Catalonia, other than in a form, you can contact the department or body of the Government of Catalonia that is responsible for that page.
Check out the addresses of the different government departments and their dependent bodies.
The concept “reuse of information generated by the public sector” refers to the use made by people, enterprises and organisations to create new products and/or services for other publics or target groups.
The gencat.cat website uses the following cookies: categories of cookies and purpose.
What are cookies?
Cookies are files that are downloaded to your device when you access certain web pages, and allow the website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of the user or their equipment, and, depending on the information they contain and the way the equipment is used, they can be used to recognise the user.
How do they work and what are they for?
- Your browsing history and the cookies are stored in your equipment. Cookies, in a similar way to your browsing history or browser cache, track your internet activity. This can be important if other people have access to your equipment. If you are using a shared computer, we recommend that you delete the information on your browsing history, browser cache and cookies. If you don’t know how to do so, refer to the Help page of your browser.
What cookies does the Government of Catalonia use on its websites?
This helps us count how many people visit GOV.UK by tracking if you’ve visited before.
|Google Analytics Policy|
This helps us count how many people visit GOV.UK by tracking if you’ve visited before
|Google Analytics Policy|
|Analytic||_gat_||1 minute||This is used to limit the percentage of requests.||Google Analytics Policy|
|Analytic||_nmstat||1.000 days||This is used to identify users anonymously.||Siteimprove Policy|
|Content manager||JSESSIONID||Duration of web session||A technical cookie used by Java application servers such as Tomcat to maintain and identify the user’s session.|
NOTE: this information was provided on 16 May 2018 and you should note that as time goes by it may not be comprehensive, even though this cookies policy is reviewed regularly.
How to restrict, block and delete cookies
You can restrict, block and delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer.
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=
- FireFox (deleting cookies): https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
- Firefox (enabling and disabling cookies): https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-sitios-web-rastrear-preferencias?redirectlocale=es&redirectslug=habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=%22es%22
- Safari: https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/es/cookies/
- Safari for iOS: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=es_ES&locale=es_ES
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
Remember that if you block cookies it is possible that certain services or functionalities of the website will not operate correctly.