The Administration of the Generalitat of Catalonia guarantees the confidentiality of the personal data provided using this website in the terms established by Organic Law 15/1999 of December 13 on the protection of personal data (the LOPD), implementing those security measures that are necessary and suited to the type of personal data in accordance with Royal Decree 1720/2007 of December 21, which approved the regulation for the implementation of the LOPD and all other regulations that may be applicable. The data required will be that which is strictly necessary, suitable and pertinent with respect to the purpose for which it is gathered.
This regulation also governs the operation, the management and the publication terms for administrative records on the electronic noticeboard.
The Electronic Office guarantees that on each page that contains formulas for gathering personal data, the reader will be expressly informed of the existence of a file or the procedure used in processing personal data, of the purpose for the gathering of this information, of the possibility of data transfer, of the identity and address of the person responsible for the file, in addition to the possibility of exercising rights regarding the access, rectification, cancellation and opposition (ARCO rights) on this data and how to exercise these rights.
ARCO rights are those that the public may freely exercise in order to control the use of their personal data and these rights grant individuals the power to protect this information and to exercise effective control over it.
- Right to access: this is the right every person has to request and obtain information about the personal data in the possession of the Administration of the Generalitat and how this data is used, to what purpose and which specific objectives.
- Right to rectification: this is the right every person has to correct their personal data when this information is incorrect or incomplete.
- Right to cancellation: this is the right every person has to request the elimination of their personal data when this information is inappropriate, excessive or unnecessary, when this information is kept for longer than necessary or when its use infringes the Spanish Data Protection Law (LOPD).
- Right to opposition: this is the right every person has to request that no use be made of their personal data.
These rights may be exercised by those persons concerned or a representative on their behalf (in the case of persons under 14 years of age, disabled, persons older than 14 years of age if the law so requires, or when the person concerned voluntarily designates a person to represent them).
In the case of a deceased person, the right to cancellation may be exercised by family members before those bodies responsible for the files that contain the data of the deceased.
Those wishing to exercise their rights to access, rectification, cancellation and opposition with respect to any of their personal data, may download those forms provided below, with respect to the nature of their request and follow the procedure detailed below:
- Identify the name and body responsible for the file. This information is essential in order to complete the form for the exercise of your rights and may be found in the form in which the personal data was originally provided.
- Fill out the form requesting your right to exercise your ARCO rights, and clearly detail your request, stating fundamental and legitimate reasons.
- Attach a certified copy of a document that verifies the identity of the person concerned and the identity of the representative (where applicable) (national identity card, passport or document equivalent), or similar digital devices (digital certificates).
- Submit all the documentation in person or by means of the electronic register.