• Print

Recreational fishing licences for shallow water

3587 - 3587_Llicència de pesca recreativa de superfície Departament d'Agricultura, Ramaderia, Pesca i Alimentació web

The license is an authorisation for the practise of recreational —not professional— fishing in continental and marine surface waters where fishing is performed on land or from a boat using any implement approved for this type of fishing.

There are different types of recreational fishing license:

  • R5:  recreational tourism license for 1 day.
  • R6: recreational tourism license for 2 days.
  • R0: recreational tourism license for 15 days.
  • R1: One-year recreational license.
  • R2: Two-year recreational license.
  • R3: Three-year recreational license.
  • R4: Four-year recreational license.
  • M1: One-year catch and release recreational license.
  • M2: Two-year catch and release recreational license.
  • M3: Three-year catch and release recreational license.
  • M4: Four-year catch and release recreational license.
  • RM: Underage recreational license. It is free of charge for people under 18 and is valid for 4 years.
  • RJ: recreational license for over 65 years. It is free and is valid for four years.
  • RD: Recreational license for disabled people. It is free of charge for people who can prove the condition of permanent disability.


Fishing permit

To fish in a controlled fishing area, as well as having the recreational fishing license, an appropriate fishing permit is also required. Taxes depend on the area, the mode (catch/catch and release), the time (days, weeks, years).

Types of permits:
Salmonids: always daily. Catch or catch and release.
Intensive: always daily. Catch or catch and release.
Cyprinids: daily, annual and, only in the controlled fishing area Riba-roja i Flix (ID EB-01), also weekly. Only catch and release mode (native species).

If the application is is handled by Internet, the fee will benefit a 10% discount.

Before planning your fishing activity and paying the tax, see the information about water flows: Agència Catalana de l’Aigua, CHE (Ebro) and weather service

Read more

Warning: To apply in person please contact licensing services to regional and district offices of the department, not the central headquarters. Refer to Step 1, apply, in person  

What do you need to do?

Last update 06.08.2018